Friday, October 12, 2018

A Trip to Malta by Kazuko

I went on a trip to Malta. Do you know where it is?  Malta is a small island floating in the Mediterranean Sea south of Sicily, Italy. It is half as large as the 23 districts of Tokyo.
Malta has a long history. People began to live on this island roughly 7,000 years ago. There are some ruins of ancient temples. Thereafter, this island was under the control of many different countries and developed as a fortress.
Malta isnt well-known in Japan but it is very popular with Europeans as a resort. Many Europeans come to spend their holidays there. Hundreds of yachts and cruisers were at anchor in the harbor. Some of them were luxurious owned by rich people.
The weather was good when I arrived there. But it was hotter and more humid than I expected. The sky and the sea were blue as far as the eye could see. The beautiful medieval town remains within the castle walls. I enjoyed walking around the town. 
Two days later, the weather changed suddenly. A storm came. The strong winds blew and the waves were high. I had a plan to go to a desert island by boat on that day. Unfortunately, it was canceled. What a shame!
The next morning, the waves were still high and I had another boat tour planned. I had almost given it up. When suddenly, thanks to the direction of the wind, I was miraculously able to make a tour of sea caves.
It was very fantastic. The sea water was completely clear and shining blue in the sunlight. I saw the bottom of the sea. Ive never seen such a incredible blue before. This is the Mediterranean blue. Ill never forget it for the rest of my life.

No comments: