Friday, March 22, 2019

Spring eqinox

So, yesterday was the spring (vernal) equinox. I wrote about the Japanese Shubun No Hi (or O-Higan) in yesterday's BLOG. "equinox" means the time when the sun is above the EQUATOR and day and night are equal length. This happens two times in a year, around March 20th and September 22nd. In the Northern hemisphere we call this day 1. Spring equinox or 2. March equinox or 3. Vernal equinox. Of course the weather is getting warmer now. That means I will have to start picking weeds. But this year, I have a plan. I laid out plastic sheets in the field next door. I also buried some sheets under the stones around the house. I expect (hope) this will cut my weeding time by 60% to 70%. Also we now all have to get out our spring and summer clothes. At the same time, we have to put away the winter wear (garb). We will also do some spring cleaning. That involves dusting and wiping and sweeping. I have also done the spring cleaning at our school, too. All in all, we are ready for the change of season and we are looking forward to the new challenges.

No comments: