Thursday, February 28, 2019

Hokusai Katsushika Museum

After the Edo Tokyo Museum, I went to the Hokusai Katsushika Art Museum. It is just down the road. I walked there and actually missed it. I went too far and had to return. There is a park in front of the museum. The building is silver. I got my discount ticket and went in. I put my jacket and bag in a locker. Pictures are not allowed so I left my camera there, too. I only took my glasses. And I was impressed immediately. Mr Hokusai lived to be 90 years old. His most famous works are the "Thirty-six views of Mt Fuji". These works made him world renown. (That means famous all over the world.) I have seen them a long time ago. I have since forgotten about them. But now, I am in this museum with many of his works. Why is the museum here? Because he lived most of his life in this area, near the Sumida river. Again, I learned some of the history of Tokyo as well as about the life of Mr. H. But his work! His paintings and drawings were amazing! Fantastic! Unbelievable! I was especially amazed by the detail of his works. So many lines; so many curls; so many waves. The faces and bodies of animals and people were incredible. There were many of his notebooks on display. I thought think: How did he find so much time to create all these pictures and paintings? I suppose he loved what he was doing so very much. I also realized how much time I waste in my own life. 

No comments: