Friday, February 7, 2020

Super Bowl LIV

LIV = 54. It is Latin. L = 50 and IV = 4 (I = 1 and V = 5, thus 5 - 1 = 4)
This was the 54th Super Bowl. There is one Super Bowl every year. It comes at the end of the regular season, first after a round of playoff games. The best 6 teams in both divisions remain at the end of the season. This year the final two teams were the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers. I watched most of the playoff games. I always record them to watch later. When that is finished there is a two week wait for the Super Bowl game. There are many back stories for both these teams. "Back story" means news or information about their histories and current affairs. I do not have time to explain here. I hoped KC would win but I thought SF was better. I wagered (bet/gambled) with my usual betting partner. I watched the game on my recorder. It was exciting. Both teams looked strong and SF was winning near the end. However, KC made a strong comeback and pulled out the victory easily. They won 38 to 20. I'm looking forward to next season.

No comments: