Wednesday, January 16, 2019

The Movies by Ayako

I had two free movie tickets so I decided to see "A star is Born" on December 26th. It's leading role is played by singer Lady Gaga. I went to her concert once. I am a little interested in her, and her movie was nominated for 5 Golden Globe Awards. I was expecting a lot. But, it was not that good. The other movie I saw was "Bohemian Rhapsody". This is my third time, so I found a small point that really impressed me. Freddie was wearing the underwear of Japanese Kimono in his room. He was wearing womans' "NagaJuban". There was also a "Uchikake" kimono that you wear at weddings hanging on the wall of his room. There was also a "Ofuda" on the entrance of his house and "Ginkaku..." was written on it. I was very happy that this movie incorporated Japanese culture in it. I have never been to their concert. However, the last 21 minutes is the best part of he movie. It was the largest Music event of the 20th century. It was a satisfying concert no matter how many times I see it. Did you know that Gaga's name comes from Queen's song "Radio Gaga"? Yesterday the Golden Globe winners were announced. Bohemian Rhapsody got the best movie award. The man who played Freddie got the leading actor award. Lady Gaga got the theme song award. It was very cool to see these awards and movies.   

No comments: