Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Timing

This was interesting. I woke up about 4:30 AM yesterday. It was a bit early but I got up anyway and went downstairs. I opened one windowshade and looked outside. It was still dark. I switched on the TV. I found CNN news. It's my favorite thing to watch on TV. The lady newscaster was talking to two people about...of course...Donald Trump. They were talking about him lying again. I did a couple of things while listening to that news when suddenly they changed the scene to a new story. It was a live broadcast form USA NASA Mission Control in Pasedena, California. There were 50 or so people sitting in four rows at long counters. They were all wearing purple uniforms. They were counting down a landing of a probe called "Insight"on Mars. One woman announced: "gravity turn, 300 meters...200 meters...80 meters...60 meters...50 meters...40 meters...30 meters...20 meters....17 meters....standing by for touchdown....................................touchdown confirmed! Insight is on the surface of Mars." Then everyone started applauding and giving high fives and cheering and hugging. It was a happy and proud moment for all. I was pretty lucky to see it live. 
You can see it here.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiufjRUmndE 


No comments: