Thursday, November 14, 2019

Exploring Tokyo Part 2

After my Oden lunch I walked to the Imperial Palace. It took maybe 45 minutes. It was a beautiful day with fine weather so no worries. At the Palace I entered the Sakurada Gate. Once inside I walked to the famous Niji bridge. Then I walked to the Ote gate. I entered there. I had only one purpose (goal) here. That was to visit the Sannomaru Shozokan located inside the Palace grounds. It is the Museum of Imperial Collections. Right now they are displaying works that were presented to previous emperors as gifts for their coronations. There are three different showings. This time I saw the second exhibition. There is an Uchiwa presented by Mikimoto. It contains 1,600 pearls. Fantastic! From there I walked to Maruzen bookstore. I purchased two Shakespeare books. One is the tragedy Romeo and Juliet. The other is a comedy As you like it. With these is hand I walked to Tokyo station underground and boarded a train for Ueno. My next goal was the Ueno zoo. Why? To check out the giraffes.

No comments: