Friday, April 26, 2019

Shinjuku Gyouen

It was a nice Sunday so I got up early and made my way to Shinjuku Gyouen. I have many fond memories of this very big park in Tokyo. I'll wager (bet) that I have been there more than a dozen times. I even went there for to pay my respects during the Showa Heika's funeral in 1989. We took my mother there 4 years alter for a visit when she came to see us. My Japanese language was not far from there so I have had many opportunities to enjoy the park. This time I walked from Shinjuku station. I entered for the first time on a Senkior citizen's ticket. Cool. And I walked around for three and a half hours. I saw some familiar spots and some new ones. Or perhaps U had just forgotten them. The number of visitors went up as the day wore on.  One thing that was new was the nearby NTT DOCOMO Yoyogi Building. It really stands out. I don't know if I like it or not, but one gent told me that at night it is beautiful when it is lit up. I had some noodles and later a TaiYaki. I also had a cup of hot strawberry milk tea. The greenhouse was really nice, too. I plan to go again in the fall.

No comments: