Tuesday, September 25, 2018

September Equinox

There are two equinoxes every year. One is in March and the other is in September. This is interesting: At the At the equinox, the sun rises directly in the east and sets directly in the west. I like the September equinox better than the March equinox. Why? Because the days are getting shorter. On June 21st, at the summer solstice, the sun was rising before 4AM! And it was hot every day for about two months. I don't like that much heat very much. So now, the sun will be rising later and later. I look forward to seeing the sunrise at 6AM or so, this winter. I also look forward to sleeping in when it is cold outside. I am also happy because the weeds stop growing in the winter. That means that I don't have to pick weeds. I can look at the vacant lot next door and smile. Also, t is also almost time for the leaves to start changing colors. Actually we don't make any efforts to go an see the beautiful colored leaves here in Japan. Perhaps we will this year. How about you? Do you like the autumn?

1 comment:

Eiko said...

Yes, I like autumn.
Autumn leaves are beautiful.
A lot of fruits are delicious.