Thursday, September 27, 2018

CPR training

There was a CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) training course at the Higashi Kindergarten two Sundays ago. The course was for teachers, moms, dads and anyone who wanted to attend. It was free. I wanted to attend. So, I went there at 9 AM on September 16th. This training was how to help a child or infant (baby) who has stopped breathing. The mouth to mouth technique helps get oxygen back to the brain. And the chest compressions help get oxygen to the brain. There were three professionals from the emergency care unit. They showed us how to do CPR. They also showed us how to use an AED machine. There were 4 kindergarten teachers. There were 2 kindergarten staff members. There were 7 moms and 1 dad and me. There were dummies that we used to practice. It was hard work and a little difficult at first. I took part in a similar course maybe 15 years ago that helped kids and adults. That was all day. This time was only 3 hours in the morning. I got a certificate when it was over. I'm glad I went.

No comments: