Tuesday, January 14, 2020

New Years Eve

My daughter works in Tokyo at a hotel. She had to work December 31st. And she had to work January 1st. She had to wake up early on the 1st. So, Miwako, Eri and I stayed at a hotel in Tokyo New years eve. (We did the same last year.) This time we stayed at a MelPark Hotel. This one is very near Zoujou Temple. This temple is right next door to the Tokyo Tower. This was an opportunity (chance) for me, I thought. I have seen New Years celebrations on TV here in Japan. And I knew that there is a big bell that they ring at Zoijou Temple. I wanted to hear it live. After we checked into our hotel we had an early supper. Then around 8pm I visited the temple site. There were many people there taking photos and selfies. Of course I took some pics. I also found the bell. I asked if I could ring it that night. They told me that it was by invitation only. That was cool. Then I walked around the area. I found some food stalls and decided to have a yakisoba and a beer. I got lucky! I only had 1,000en with me.The beer was 500en. The yakisoba was 500en.  Lucky, indeed! I returned to the hotel to wait for midnight.

No comments: