Thursday, January 30, 2020

Karaoke

My new year resolution for 2020 is to practice writing Japanese Kanji characters. And now I have one more resolution. That is to practice Karaoke. I believe we had one karaoke session with Miwako's sister and her family when they visited in 2019. And I don't think that we went at all the year before or the year before that. When we went to Atami this year, we all sang songs at the karaoke room at Angel resort. I felt that I was rusty. Do you know what "rusty" means? "Rusty" means that I am out of practice. OR that I need to practice. So last week I went to a Karaoke box very near my school to practice. I went there before to investigate (check on) the facilities. It is very simple and not gorgeous. On the other hand, it is cheap and very convenient. So I became a member, which is free, and rented a room. It is cheap, especially for seniors. The regular fee if 260 yen for 30 minutes. But for seniors it is 180 yen per 30 minutes. I sang for one hour. That is 360 en! The drink bar is also included in the price! Is that cheap or what? And I must say that it was good practice. The bad news is that they don't have enough English somgs. I hope to go once or m\twice a month. 

No comments: