Wednesday, April 17, 2019

KyuFurukawa Teien

On my way out of Asukayama Park I found a small museum. It was the Shibusawa Eiichi memorial museum. His residence was next door. I later learned that his face will be on the new 10,000 bill (money) this year. Then I headed to KyuFurukawa Teien. I walked there. It took about 20 minutes. It is one of the MeiTaisho Gardens group. It is rather small. It has no cherry trees! But, it has a very famous and beautiful rose garden. There is a "dry waterfall". That was very interesting. There was a pond and some lanterns. There is also a building which was designed by Josiah Condor. He is British and designed the Nicolai Cathedral in Ochanomizu and the home in the KyuIawaski Gardens, among others. It is all in a small area. So, it didn't take long to see everything. By chance, I met a guide. He told me a lot of things about eh garden and the building. But, I made a big mistake. There was a guided your available of the building at 10:30. I decided to look at the building on my own. I went there at 11:00 when they opened the building up. Unfortunately you can only enter on a guided tour. Drat! So, I left and went to Odaiba to meet Miwako for lunch. 

No comments: