Friday, April 12, 2019

A quick trip to Ueno

I was free on a Thursday afternoon. I hadn't done any cherry blossom viewing yet. I went to the gym early and was back at my school by noon and I was free until 5PM. So, I went to Ueno. According to the news the weather would be fine and the cherry blossoms were in full bloom. It took about an hour to get there. I checked my clock and decided I had about 90 minutes to enjoy the atmosphere, the cherry blossoms and the freedom. And, it was wonderful. I walked here and there looking at the blossoms, the people and the food stalls. I was getting hungry. So, I first had a dango. That was good. I was some more. The trees were in full bloom but it had gotten cloudy. They sky was grey instead of a beautiful blue. But, that was OK. People were sitting along the side of the walkway eating, drinking, talking and laughing. Everyoine was taking pictures. Of course, there were foreigners galore. There weren't many eating stalls and I found a KEBAB stand. I got a sandwich. It was not very good. But everything else was fine. I was back at my school one hour before my lesson. Nice.

No comments: