Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Gokokuji Part 1

I had a Sunday free September 29th. I was looking for some place in Tokyo to explore. I found it. It is the Gokokuji Temple in the Bunkyo ward of Tokyo. I was in no hurry. I had breakfast at home. I biked to the station and then departed Okegawa station at 10AM. I took the Shinjuku/Ikebukuro line and got off at Ikebukuro. From there I walked. It about 25 minutes to get there. On the way, I crossed the Toden-Ikebukuro line. The train was stopped. I had never been on it before. So I took it two staitons and then returned back to my starting point. That was cool. Then I continued my walk. The road follows the expressway which is up above the road. I asked for directions once as I was near my destination. I finally arrived. The place was still. There were only a few visitors. I climbed up the steps. Awesome! So beautiful. So clean. So serene. So Japanese. I went around to the  back of the temple. There was a cemetery. I strolled through it. Very well kept. I snapped a lot of pictures. I was here manybe 30 minutes. Then I rested at an office which had carp lazily swimming in the clear pond. Beautiful. 

No comments: