Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Tonde Saitama by Makiko

Have you ever seen the movie "Tonde Saitama"? I rarely go to the movies, but I had an opportunity last February. Last Autumn, I and my family invited one home stay student from Argentina to our home. She stayed in Saitama for about six months and on that day the Farewell Party was held in Urawa for her and her trainee. I suddenly thought that I wanted to invite her to a movie after the party. There were two reasons: One was that there was a movie nearby. The other was that the movie "Tonde Saitama" was really "in" at that time. She is from Argentina and she usually speaks Spanish. But, she can also speak Japanese as she is a teach at a Japanese language school in Buenos Aires. This visit to Japan was to study Japanese. She already knew a lot of city names in Saitama so she understood the story and enjoyed it. She laughed at hte same time as we did. Even after she returned ot her country we keep in touch with each other via "LINE".

No comments: