Thursday, May 16, 2019

Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum

After visiting the mausoleums I got back on the ChuOu line train. I got off at Higashi Koganei station and took taxi to Koganei Park. The museum is inside his park. First I got a maccha soft cream and relaxed under the trees on a bench. Then I went to the museum office, got my senior discount ticket and entered. This is a must-visit place. Basically there were many buildings that were brought from Edo-Tokyo. There is a photo studio, a mausoleum, a "Kokaden" Palace, house gates, a tea arbor, a farmhouse, a police box, a soy sauce shop, a bar, a public bathhouse, a tailor's workshop, a stationery store, a flower shop, a kitchenware store, a cosmetic manufacturer, an umbrella wholesale store, a grocery store, an inn as well as a fire department watch tower upper section. There are many houses of prominent (famous) people. I walked around for an hour and a half. I also met a family form my home state of Michigan. I was walking past them and someone said "Livonia" which is a city that I am very familiar with. We spoke for 20 minutes. It was a nice ending to this adventure.

No comments: