Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Musashino Ryou Bochi

I looked at my TOKYO 23 WARDS map book and found two interesting places. One is the Musashino Ryou Bochi in Hachioji near Takao station and the other is the Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum in Koganei City. Both are far from the hustle and bustle of Tokyo proper. They are also both on the ChuOu line. So, I decided to visit both in one day. First, I went to Takao station via Shinjuku. Of course there were hikers everywhere eager to climb up Mt. Takao. I found the guidepost to get me to the cemetery. It took about 20 minutes on foot. I travelled through very narrow streets to get there and when I arrived I was amazed at the huge park that lay before me. There are four mausoleums in this park. Two hold the remains of the Taisho Emperor and his Empress. The other two hold the remains of the Shouwa Emperor and his Empress. That is all there is to see here. The park has huge trees, lots of birds and two wide gravel roads and a couple of police officers. It takes less than 30 minutes to see everything. It is a solemn place. It is quiet and calm. It has an aura. It is definitely worth a visit. 

No comments: