Friday, November 9, 2018

Star gazing by Atsuko

The Orion meteor shower would peak on hte night between the 21st and the 22nd thin month. I woke up before daybreak on the 22nd because I was anxious to see this meteor shower. It was 3AM. It was dark and cold outside. I put on my coat and socks before I went out on the veranda. To my surprise the Orion constellation caught my eye. I hadn't seen it for a long time. The stars were twinkling in the clear night sky. How Beautiful! My eyes sparkled at the moment. I enjoyed watching the stars for quite a while. You need lots of patience for this experience. Finally, I saw a thin line in the Southeast after 30 minutes or so. Wow! How dramatic! It was streaking too fast to make a wish. I was very, very happy. I stayed there for one and a half hours. But, I saw only this one meteor. I don't know whether that's a lot or not. What do you think?

No comments: