Thursday, February 20, 2020

Marathon Part 2

I went to the playground. I did the the warm ups with everyone. I was enjoying being outside in the sun and cool air. Then we went to the starting gate. I decided to join the Nen-chous. No worries, I thought. Of course I was mindful (aware of/considering) my age. When suddenly.... GO! I started to run but I immediately took a short cut. It was through some grass. But that didn't help. I was dead last! Those kids are F-A-S-T! Another problem that I had was that my slacks kept sliding down my waist. I had to hold them up with both hands as I ran. I did this secretly. My jersey has two pockets so I put my hands in my pockets and held up my slacks. It was successful but it slowed me down. Of course there were many moms and grandpas taking videos and pictures. OMG! I finally arrived back at the playground. Then I looked down at my shoes. They were covered in briars! One teacher said they were "dorobo-gusa". It was fitting (appropriate) as I tried to cheat! Then four little kids picked those briars off of my shoes and slacks. That was cool. All's well that ends well.

No comments: