Thursday, February 6, 2020

Jack Omiya Planeterium

It's winter. So, the sky is usually clear at night unless it rains of course. The summer night sky is hazy many times and the nights are short. I decided to do some stargazing this year. I am especially interested in the moon. I found several sites on the Internet. One is very interesting. It will be very useful in my quest (search) to understand. I also want to go to the Planetarium in Jack Omiya monthly. That will give me a good idea of how the night sky changes. I went there two Sundays ago. That was my first time in about 15 years. It costs 620en for adults. There is no senior discount (heavy sigh). The explanation and night sky show lasts 45 minutes. Of course, it was very educational and interesting. They show the different stars and constellations and planets that are currently in the night sky. Then they move the sky as the earth rotates. So, we can see it from dusk to dawn; that is from sunset to sunrise. I looked at the sky recently through my binoculars. It is OK but a telescope would be better. Will we purchase (buy) a telescope? Stay tuned.

No comments: