Friday, December 6, 2019

Lunch at Chez Machio

So, here is one more lunch date story. I drive to one of my Kindergarten lessons every Thursday morning. The lesson is on Kawagoe. It is right next to the Kawagoe Sports Park (Undo Kouen). To get there, I use Route 57, then turn right to cross the Kaihei Bridge. The Kindergarten is then nearby. We call Route 57 'Cainz Douri' because Cainz Home is on that road. We used road often before the Ageo Bypass was constructed (built) 7 or 8 years ago. On that road I discovered a new restaurant. It is called Chez Machio. I see it every time I drive by. I finally decided to stop on and check it out. I met the owner. His name is Oshima. He opened the restaurant three years ago. It looked nice and has a casual French menu including a fondu and ostrich dishes. I told Miwako about it and we decided to go there last month. And it was very nice. There is a rather big garden outside. Inside there are three different areas that you can sit. All the tables and chairs are a different motif in each section.  There is also a bar. We both got pasta dishes. And the dessert was very good. We also got a coupon for a free fondu for one to celebrate Chez Machio's three-year anniversary. Cool.

No comments: