Thursday, December 26, 2019

Christmas Recital NEEDS PIC

I teach at a nursery school in Kawagoe on Wednesday mornings. Last Sunday they had their annual Christmas show. This time they held it at a Public Hall. It has a stage and large hall for plenty of moms and dads to see their little tots performing on stage. Of course, they all performed an English skit with me. The kids are 2, 3, 4 and 5 years old. So, I was on stage four times. It started at 10am and finished around 3:30pm. There was a two hour lunch break. The two year old and I sang the ABC song. They also had to find picture cards that I called out. They ran on stage: that was cute. The three year-olds and I sang "Deck the Halls". I sang the song and they sang the refrain. The four year-olds and I did a skit where I was looking for a dog named "Bongo". The final group and I did a skit where I was a villain (Bad guy) who stole their treasure. I gave it back when they were able to successfully do an English conversation, two by two. Also, each group had to introduce themselves as well as with me. It was a lot of fun and the kids were very, very cute...of course. As for me, I wore three different hats for the four performances. Finally Santa Claus was on stage to give presents to all the kids. I got a ride to Kawagoe station to take the train home. Merry Christmas!  

No comments: