Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Sunshine Aquarium

I went to the Sunshine Aquarium in Sunshine City, Ikebukuro. I had wanted to go there for a long time. I got the chance when I was free all day on a Thursday. It wasn't a holiday but I didn't have a lesson until 5pm. And, I was free the next morning, by chance, so I was able to go to the gym then, instead of my usual Thursday. The aquarium opened at 10AM. I arrived Ikebukuro and walked to the Aquarium. I got my ticket. I was a bit disappointed. Why? Because there was no senior discount! And, the coin lockers are not free! What a gyp. I entered the museum and first watched a performance outside by seals. That was OK. Then I went in to see the sea life on display in the tanks. I must say, it was impressive. There were so many different kinds of sea life; fish, sharks, octopus as well as snails, lizards, frogs, snakes, sea horses and the like. They were all so beautiful. They were also so colorful. The fish moved so gracefully in their tanks. There are two floors. I saw both twice. There were a lot of kindergarten kids as it was a weekday. I moved through the aquarium at my own pace. It was definitely worth the price of admission. I will go again someday.

No comments: