- While few people in the Western world have heard of natto, it's very popular in Japan.
- This fermented food has a unique consistency and surprising smell. In fact, many say it's an acquired taste.
- Natto is incredibly nutritious and linked to various health benefits. For example, stronger bones and a healthier heart and immune system.
- Natto is a traditional Japanese dish consisting of fermented soybean. Natto has a slimy, sticky and stringy texture.
- It's easily recognizable by its distinctive, somewhat pungent smell. Its flavor is commonly described as nutty.
- In Japan, natto is typically topped with soy sauce, mustard, chives or other seasonings and served with cooked rice.
- NATTO is simply delicious!
SUMMARY:Natto is a traditional Japanese dish made from fermented soybeans. It has a sticky texture, pungent odor and somewhat nutty flavor.