1. Clear everything off the floor. For example chairs, tables, books, and baskets.
2. Wash the floor with the floor cleaner. It also removes dirt and old wax.
3. When the floor dries, wipe the floor with a damp (wet) towel.
4. When the floor dries, wipe the floor with a damp towel AGAIN.
5. When the floor dries, apply the wax to the floor.
Of course, applying the wax to the floor is FUN. This day it took about three hours to do everything. That included moving one cabinet we have in the downstairs hall. To move that, I have to take everything out and then Miwako put it all back afterwords.